1. Download SQUID 2.5 STABLE
2. Download latest TOS marking ZPH patch (currently it is: squid-2.5.STABLE7-ToS_Hit.patch)
2. Go to your favourite temporary directory and decompress the source:
tar -zxvf squid-2.5.STABLEX.tar.gz
3. Change to SQUID's source directory and apply the patch with something like:
or, for the bzip2 archive:
tar -jxvf squid-2.5.STABLEX.tar.bz2
4. Configure, compile and install.
gunzip -c squid-2.5.STABLEX-ToS_Hit.patch-YYYY-MM-DD.gz | patch -p1
Recent ZPH TOS patches have several runtime options that must be set in squid.conf. After having patched and installed SQUID, it is time to start classifying HIT
packets. Here is a simple example, that sends all packets carrying TCP protocol
(protocol number 6) and a TOS field of 0x10 to class 1:60. The actual class creation
is irrelevant here (Check out the Linux Advanced
Routing and Traffic Control for more information).
How to use it
....... class creation, other filters .....
$TC filter add dev $LANDEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 \
match ip protocol 0x6 0xff \
match ip tos 0x10 0xff \